Tuesday, March 17, 2009

10 Years....and counting

This morning it dawned on me. This is the anniversary of the worst day of my life. And, not only that, it is the 10th anniversary of the worst day of my life.

Why would I bring that up? Why would I want to remember that day?

Because it marks a milestone for me.

I don’t commemorate the date as important for the horrific memories it evokes. I celebrate it as the birth of the new me, or the re-birth of the me I was created to be.

And I want you to know, I am thankful. I never thought I would be grateful for that fateful day, those feelings of fear and shame. But past dwelling in the abyss makes me now see wonder even in the flat prairie-days, and awe at the mountaintop. Where I was once blanketed in scandal and humiliation, I am now covered in love.

Today is a reminder to me of the grace upon grace that is abundantly given me

I tell you that I am thankful because you may be experiencing your own valley. There are lessons to learn in the dales. If there were no valleys there would be no hilltops. And, the view from the hilltop makes you appreciate the valley.

Happy Birthday to the re-newed me. Thank God He gave me a do-over.

1 comment:

LeeBird3 said...

Hey stranger...I've been kinda blog-lazy lately!

See my blog for a little present for you! Love you! Lee